This exercise is great for almost everyone especially those who are in a sitting position for long periods of time. It is not suggested for people with neck injuries.
- Lie flat on your back with your knees bent. Place feet hip-distance apart and flat on the floor.
- Reach down with your fingertips to see if you can feel your heels. If not, walk your heels a little closer to your body.
- Press your weight into your feet to lift your hips up towards the ceiling. Keep your thighs parallel.
- Bring your arms underneath you and try to clasp your hands together (Don't worry if you can't do it at first).
- Roll your shoulders blades toward each other and hold this pose for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Release and roll slowly back to the floor.